in our hoUSe.....!

in our hoUSe.....!

Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

My daughters amaze me!  One is a mom - and a great one at that!  The other is not a mom, sadly; she'd be a great mom too!  They have showered me with many blessings throughout their lives.  This Mother's Day is no exception!

Andrea has started a new blog called "Eye Can't Hear You!"  (http://eyecanthearu.com) to provide information and personal history to the hearing and/or visually impaired.  This is her post for Mother's Day!




If you are a Mom with a disability, take the time to thank your mother for all she did for you…
If you are a Mom with a child who has a disability, thank you for doing all you do…
Eye Can’t Hear You! would like to wish all the moms out there a Happy Mother’s Day.
_________________________________________________
To All the Moms with Kids/Adults with Special Needs
 You were there for me through thick and thin
You never gave up when I was sick
When you were told I had special needs
You knew I was special, and you are special to me.
I know why you were chosen . . . for your capabilities.
You are my teacher, advocate, and taught me many abilities.
You cry and smile when I succeed.
I want to thank you for all you do for me.
Because you are special, the most special Mom for ME!!!
(Family Network on Disabilities http://fndfl.org/)

So true and so special!  I'd like to think I helped along the way - for both daughters are self-respecting and other-respecting fully-functioning adults who hold responsible jobs, manage themselves and their family, and now are helping others through blogging and in many other ways.

If you have an interest in resources, aids, info, and hope for those with visual or hearing disabilities (or both), I hope you'll follow her blog - she posts every day! (More than I can say for this blogger!)

Stay tuned to this blog, as we are about to embark on an exciting journey with Roberta, who will have surgery on June 7 for a cochlear implant! I plan to document that along the way!  Hope you'll follow along with us!

No comments: